New Tesla Model S Being Lifted by Crane to Autodesk Gallery at One Market
Part of Market Street will be shut down this Sunday, and it's because they're lifting a car by crane into the Autodesk Design Gallery at One Market.
But not just any car: It's one of the new Tesla Model S Sedans, and it's being lifted two stories and through the arched windows of the building to its display perch at the Autodesk Design Gallery for the next few months. The car's just a design model, however, the real deal won't be available for purchase until 2012.
The Tesla Model S is the world's first all-electric luxury sedan and has been nominated to California Home+Design's Hit List as one of the best made-in-California (they're based in Palo Alto) design innovations of the year. Tesla's current model, the Roadster, accelerates faster than most sports cars and produces zero emissions. That said, they're pretty spendy (around $100,000). Tesla's goal with the new sedan is to bring more affordable electric cars to mainstream buyers. The company's based in Palo Alto and we think they're doing some pretty cool work. So does WIRED, where Tesla Motors is the cover subject this month, proclaiming that "The Age of the Electric Car is Here."
Check out the the levitating Tesla sedan this Sunday at 10 am.
The Autodesk Gallery is open to the public every Wednesday from 12:00-5:00 p.m., with guided tours at 12:30 p.m.
- Gifts From Gump's: Origami Crane Candle Holder
- New Sunday Flea Market @ Candlestick from the Folks at Alameda Flea
- Link Love: New Model Snack du Jour, Wang’s “Accidentally Sexy” Style, Kim’s a Nasty Gal and more…
- This Week in Fashion: Brooklyn Circus 3 Year Anniversary, New Treatments at The Sports Club/LA Spa, Models for a Cause Walk Off + Independence Day Sales
- Inside Autodesk's City Themed Office