Put on your Shopping Shoes: White Elephant Sale and Alameda this Weekend
Need to find a dining table, redecorate a room, or hell, furnish an apartment from top down? This is your weekend. Being the first Sunday of the month, of course you can head over to Alameda for the monthly flea. There's always plenty to discover, and now that the weather is (hopefully) giving us a few days of sunshine, it could be the perfect time to catch up on finds that may have eluded you during the copious downpours endured these past two months.
But Alameda comes every month, and this weekend holds the promise of a unique, crazy shopping experience that can only come once a year: The Oakland Museum Women's Board annual White Elephant Sale. For those who've been, you know the size and scope of this thing. For those who've yet to go, let us enlighten you - This is a two acre shopping extrava-freaking-ganza. You'll find one-of-a-kind pottery, furniture, vintage clothes, electronics, art - it's enough to make a nonshopper want to crawl into a hole, enough for the truly brave to want to let out their shopping roar and score, score, score. So find a partner, slip on your most comfortable tennis shoes, fill up a bottle of water, perhaps invest in some walkie-talkies, and head out for a weekend of extreme bargain hunting.
- Antiques Addicts, Get Your Fix at @ This Weekend's 20th Century Modernism Show & Sale
- SF Fall Antiques Show This Weekend!
- Oakland White Elephant Sale: The Largest Rummage Fest in Nor Cal is This Weekend
- New Sunday Flea Market @ Candlestick from the Folks at Alameda Flea
- What’s the Deal: White Elephant Sale, Carrots, FluffyCo, Mendel’s + More