Fact: stockings make great (last-minute) stocking stuffers. Here are our top 10.
Chances are the girlfriends/besties/mothers/drag queens/roommates you're shopping for already have a slew of solid, opaque tights so try gifting something a little bolder and unconventional.
This winter, it's all about knit, lace and color-blocks. For particularly clever picks, try Topshop's over-the-knee pair (#6) that gives you the look, without the pain of constantly having to pull up your stockings. Bootights (#5) are a great choice, too -- the company specializes in tights with sock bottoms that are perfect to wear with boots.
1. Roper Patterned Tights, $20
2. Happy Socks Block Tights, $25
3. HUE Fancy Texture Cable Tights, $13.50
4. Eloise Spotted Zigzag Tights, $22
7. Topshop Taupe Lurex Tights, $20
8. Topshop Grunge Ripped Tights, $20
10. Topshop Cross Sheer Panel Tights, $16
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.