Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Kopstootje Night at Jasper's: Next Monday is the perfect time to head to Jasper's for a headbutt-- and no, we promise we're not sending you to some kind of foodie Fight Club. A Dutch kopstootje (that would be "little headbutt"), known in our parts as "a shot and a beer," consists of a shot of genever (they'll be offering Bols), drunk from a tulip glass while bent at the waist and chased with a cold glass of pilsner (this time around, Trumer). Total cost for this grown-up Happy Meal? $2. We knew you'd come around. (Monday, November 14, 9 pm-12 am, at Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen, 401 Taylor St., Union Square.)
2. Lombardi Sports Winter Fashion Show: It's November, and the weather has taken a precipitous turn from sunny to teeth-chattering. If your favorite winter duds aren't standing up to the 40-degree temps (or if said temps have you itching to hit the slopes in Tahoe), Lombardi Sports is happy to show you some cool new apparel for your snowy adventures. Bring in some canned food for the SF Food Bank's holiday drive, and you'll be rewarded with complimentary beer from the Jug Shop and pizza from Escape from New York. RSVP here. (Thursday, November 10, 6-8 pm, at Lombardi Sports, 1600 Jackson St., Nob Hill.)
3. The International at Public Works: Lovers of bass-heavy beats will want to check out this Thursday-night dance party, which features cumbia, dancehall, kuduro, moombahton, and other global genres that dig the lower register. Admission is free before 11 ($5 after), and to get you moving, they'll offer $3 beers and cocktails until then. Rocky's Frybread will be serving up treats as well. (Thursday, November 10, 9 pm-2 am, at Public Works, 161 Erie St., Mission.)
4. Beer Olympics at Kells: College flip-cup champions and beer-bong artists, now is the chance to relive your glory days. Kells is hosting its final Beer Olympics tonight, with flip cup, beer pong, and relays for the frat boy within us all. To help facilitate all that drinking, they're offering five beers for $10. RSVP here and "like" their Facebook page, and they'll give you your first brew for just $1. In this Olympics, everyone's a winner. (Wednesday, November 9, 8:30-11:30 pm, at Kells Irish Bar, 530 Jackson St., Financial District.)
5. SF Station's The Lineup: Thousands of folks voted in three local bands to face off for a chance to appear on BAMM.tv, and you can help decide if Plastic Villains, Seatraffic, or Outlaws & Preachers will walk away with the crown. While you mull your favorite, you can munch on small bites and sip some free suds from City Beer Store (get there early for both). RSVP here. (Thursday, November 10, 7-11 pm, at BAMM.tv Studios, 43 Norfolk St., SOMA.)