Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. 25% Off at Twenty-Five Lusk: Considering that it draws more celebrity sightings than practically any other restaurant in the city, it's not a surprise that Twenty-Five Lusk isn't really into the whole discounting thing. But they're getting into the spirit on Black Friday, offering a 25% markdown on their entire bar menu-- both food and cocktails. It's still not cheap ($5.25 for a soft pretzel, $8.25 for a grapefruit gimlet), but if Clive Owen and Gerard Butler can swing it, you probably can too. (Friday, November 23, 5-7 pm, at Twenty-Five Lusk, 25 Lusk St., SOMA.)
2. Thrillist's Tullamore Dew Party: Thrillist is co-hosting a salute to all things Irish: lyric poetry, boxers, and free Tullamore Dew whiskey drinks. Enjoy authentic Irish music and authentic Irish overindulging with a guest of your choosing, and feast like a general (you'll be drinking in the former General's Residence). RSVP here; space is limited. (Tuesday, November 29, 7-11 pm, at the General's Residence, Fort Mason, Franklin and Bay Entrance, Landmark Building A.)
3. $1 Oysters at Hog & Rocks: To celebrate the holiday season, the good people of Hog & Rocks are offering $1 oysters, five days a week, until New Year's Day. Stop in at one of their designated happy hours, and you can pair your plate of bivalves with a $6 shot-and-a-beer combo; they usually have four or five pairings on offer. (Oysters: all day, Sunday-Thursday, through New Year's Day; boilermakers: Monday-Thursday, 5-6 pm and 10 pm-1 am, Sunday, 5-11 pm, at Hog & Rocks, 3431 19th St., Mission.)
4. Thanksgiving Dance Party at the End-Up: It's not exactly the kind of place where your parents would hope to find you spending Thanksgiving, but if you need some liquid relief after dealing with family drama or want some human contact after working your Turkey Day away, the End-Up is happy to welcome you into their celebration. A $10 entry fee gets you access to a four-hour open bar, along with plenty of DJs to help you shed a few Thanksgiving calories. (Thursday, November 24, 10 pm-2 am, at The End-Up, 401 6th St., SOMA.)
5. Icon Ultra Lounge's Thanksgiving Party: For those who'll be spending the holiday out of town, Icon is saving the Thanksgiving festivities until Saturday night. They'll have an open well bar from 9-10:30, as well as $5 Grey Goose drinks until 11; admission is free before 11. For those looking to dance away the pounds, DJ AD1 and DA Kidd will spin hip-hop and top 40 tunes. (Saturday, November 26, 9 pm-2 am, at Icon Ultra Lounge, 1192 Folsom St., SOMA.)