Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. 21st Amendment's Repeal Day Bash: For a bar named after the amendment that repealed Prohibition, celebrating said repeal is a no-brainer. Join in the fun with a cask of period-priced IPA, available for just a nickel a pint. The catch? You have to have a password to enter their "speakeasy"-- follow their Twitter feed for clues on the catchphrase, starting a few days before the event. Prohibition-era cocktails will also be for sale, and they'll have a poker game for charity; wear your best '20s and '30s attire. (Monday, December 5, parade at 4 pm, drinks at 5 pm, at 21st Amendment, 563 2nd St., SOMA.)
2. Shanghai Kelly's 26th Anniversary Party: The venerable Polk Street tavern is turning 26 tonight, and they're treating patrons to free BBQ and hors d'oeuvres from 6-8 pm, as well as $3 beers and $4 cocktails all evening long. Just be careful that you don't wake up with a hangover and a one-way ticket to China. (Wednesday, November 30, 6 pm-12 am, at Shanghai Kelly's, 2064 Polk St., Polk Gulch.)
3. NFL Deals at Jasper's Corner Tap: Anytime the gridiron is occupied, it's deal time at Jasper's, with $2 sliders, fries, and Miller High Life. Stop by on Sunday, Monday evening, or Thursday to catch your favorite team on TV, have a bite, and down the champagne of beers. Even if your squad loses, you still win. (Whenever there's an NFL game on, at Jasper's Corner Tap, 401 Taylor St., Union Square.)
4. Sports Basement's Holiday Happy Hour: If you've got a skier, snowboarder, or other athlete on your list, consider stopping in for tomorrow's holiday shopping party at the Presidio location; everything in the store will be 10 percent off, and another 10 percent of every purchase will be donated to the San Francisco Asian Women's Shelter. To fuel your shopping mania, they'll provide free beer and wine, auction off gift certificates, and pass around gratis hors d'oeuvres. (Thursday, December 1, 6-9 pm, at Sports Basement Presidio, 610 Mason St., Presidio.)
5. Wildlife Works Launch Party: This new line of sustainable tees, jackets, and scarves donates its profits to programs that save endangered and threatened animals. To celebrate the launch of their first collection, they're throwing a shindig with free Magnolia beer and Aldrich Browne wine, food from Casey's Pizza, discounted duds, and a DJ. Space is limited; RSVP here to get in. (Thursday, December 1, 7-10 pm, at HANGR 16, 3128 16th St., Mission.)