Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. 7x7's Nightlife Guide Launch Party: Come celebrate the launch of 7x7's Nightlife Guide at Osha Thai Restaurant & Lounge with $5 Pisco Porton cocktails and $4 Sapporos at 7:30 next Wednesday. (Wednesday, August 31, 7:30 pm at Osha Thai, 4 Embarcadero Ctr, FiDi)
2. Speakeasy's Butchertown Hoedown: Speakeasy's releasing a new brew, Butchertown Black Ale, which means it's time for another knock-down, drag-out brewery party with $3 drafts. Try the new brew or one of the other limited-release offerings, dance to the sounds of Mississippi Mike and the Midnight Gamblers, and snack on food from Le Truc, Pizza Politana, and more. Butchery was never so much fun. RSVP here. (Saturday, August 27th, 12-7 pm, at Speakeasy Ales & Lagers, 1195 Evans Ave., Bayview.)
3. Valencia Evening Fair: To promote all the fine shopping they have to offer, Valencia Street's merchants are teaming up to offer discounts, art openings, special exhibits, and a cavalcade of Off the Grid trucks this Friday evening. Some of them will also be offering drinks: City Art will provide wine and snacks, while Heart will be offering discounted beverages. See the full list of participating merchants here, and get your walking shoes on. (Friday, August 26th, 5-10 pm, Valencia St. between 14th and 24th Sts., Mission.)
4. Indie Industries Castro Launch Party: Local-designer warehouse Indie Industries is opening a new store in the Castro, and they're inviting the neighborhood to drop in for classic cocktails, a tapas and dessert bar, and free gift cards and T-shirts (for the first 100 folks to come by). Grab a Pimm's Cup, browse the racks, and try to perfect your Blue Steel. RSVP here. (Friday, August 26th, 6-9 pm, at Indie Industries, 2352 Market St., Castro.)
5. Adventure City Block Party: The good folks at Lombardi Sports are throwing a rooftop block party to raise money for the Boys & Girls Club of the Peninsula, and they've got drinks to spare. $5 buys one drink ticket and $9 buys two-- choose between a 16 oz. beer or a glass of wine. They'll also have food, live music, and raffle prizes, including the grand prize of a Costa Rican surfing vacation. (Saturday, August 27th, 12-5 pm, at Lombardi Sports, 1600 Jackson St.)
6. Menage a Trois at Muka: Muka, the new wine and dessert lounge in the former Moussy's space at the Alliance Francais, is offering some decidedly non-Parisian prices for weeknight visitors. Their Menage a Trois deal allows diners to select their choice of a cheese and charcuterie plate or a dessert sampler plate, along with a bottle of the house special wine, for just $33. Each plate feeds three, so bring a couple of friends to share for only $11 apiece. (Tuesday-Thursday, 6-8 pm, at Muka, 1345 Bush St., Polk Gulch.)
7. FACE at SOM: This Friday, head out for FACE SOM, featuring Prince Language on the turntables (who's remixed for LCD Soundsystem and The Rapture) and $3 DonQ cocktails before 11 pm. (Friday August 26, 9:30 PM- 3 AM, 2925 16th St, Mission)