Sleep Over at the Cal Academy of Sciences with the Penguins
Start shopping for jungle-themed pajamas. On June 4th, the Cal Academy of Sciences opens its doors for an after-hours sleepover for adults-only (this is the only sleepover night that you don't have to be with a kid to get in) — a chance to get all Night at the Museum with the Academy's creatures—both taxidermied and alive.
What goes down? Well, most importantly, you'll get to find out what the Academy's celebrities — Pierre the wet-suit clad penguin, Lemondrop the python (who's been all over Pandora lately) and Claude the albino alligator —get into after the lights go out. But also, there will be free planetarium-gazing, drinks at The Academy Cafe, entrance to the Rainforests of the World exhibit, a complimentary continental breakfast and the chance to lay out in the African Hall and count sheep with the cheetahs.
Tickets are $119 for non-members, $99 for members, but we're giving away a pair of tickets to a lucky newsletter subscriber. Not signed up for our daily newsletters? Remedy that here.
More info on Cal Academy's "Penguins in Pajamas
- Creepy Creatures and Circus Fun at the Next Cal Academy of Sciences' Nightlife!
- Penguins Anyone? Check Out the Academy of Sciences' New Penguin Cam Phone App
- Win Tickets to the Cal Academy of Sciences' 'Tis the Season for Science Festivities
- Photos: Dawn 2010 @ California Academy of Science
- Win Tickets to See Mayer Hawthorne Light up the Academy of Sciences!