Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros To Pimp Out Vintage Railcars, Start Their Tour in Oakland
Tour vans are so 2010. For one of the coolest band caravans to cross the country in recent memory, red-hot indie bands Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros and Old Crow Medicine Show are pimping out vintage railcars and riding them through the Southwest. It all begins at Oakland's Middle Harbor Shoreline Park on April 21.
The springtime outing, dubbed the Railroad Revival Tour, brings the bands' spirited roots revival shows outdoors to fans at stops in Marfa and Austin, TX, San Pedro, CA, Arizona, culminating in a show at New Orleans' Woldenberg Park. All 1,500 feet of the vintage railroad entourage will consist of 15 railcars, from the 50s and 60s. The whole adventure will be filmed for a documentary focused on capturing life on the road and the unhinged creative minds behind this traveling sideshow-style fest. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9 am. Grab some for their inaugural stop in Oakland here.
For a taste of Mumford & Sons bombastic, Grapes Of Wrath-era folk rock, check out "Dust Bowl Dance"
Photo by Misha Vladimirskiy
- Edward Sharpe, Mumford & Sons To Begin Vintage Railcar Tour in Oakland
- Edward Sharpe, Mumford & Sons and Old Crow Medicine Show @ The Railroad Revival Tour Kickoff in Oakland
- Noise Pop Closing Show: Edward Sharpe + The Magnetic Zeros
- Last Night's Photos: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros at The Fillmore
- 'Tis the Season of Sold-Out Shows: Edward Sharpe & Gaga