NY Times Recognizes Thee Oh Sees, Fresh & Onlys, and Sonny & the Sunsets
If you don't know, now you know: the cream of the Bay Area's music crop got props from the New York Times this past weekend in an article highlighting Thee Oh Sees' John Dwyer, Tim Cohen of The Fresh & Onlys, and Sonny & the Sunsets' frontman Sonny Smith.
The men are called figureheads for the local do-it-yourself ethos, spending impressively prolific years in the trenches making trailblazing music yet rarely reaping financial rewards. The sounds they create are proof that taking musical risks and not giving a hoot what the industry thinks they should do yield local-legend status over time. Read the article here, and add their live shows to your bucket list.
- Thee Oh Sees, Sic Alps, Ty Segall & The Sandwitches Play Coalition On Homeless Benefit Show Tonight
- Thee Oh Sees, The Sandwitches, and Ty Segall Rally for KUSF Tomorrow at the Eagle
- Sonny & the Sunsets Takes Great American Music Hall Tomorrow Night
- Sonny & the Sunsets' Sophomore Album, "Hit After Hit," Dropping in April
- Band We Love: The Fresh N Onlys