The Seven Best Airbrush Tanning Salons in SF
As we all welcome the chilly holiday season, we must also cope with a devastating loss–our glowing, bronzed complexions. What we're left with is a less flattering shade of ourselves just in time for all those holiday parties. Yuck. But there are still ways to have a bronze Christmas! Try one of SF's seven best places to get your glow on and avoid looking completely pasty under the mistletoe this year.
- Ipanema Airbrush Tanning Boutique - 2181 Union Street | $49 gets you get a full body bronze complete with skin nourishing pre-tan elixir and, for only $15 more, you can “double dip” and intensify your tan for even darker results. Visit Ipanema’s website for package deals and additional tanning treatments.
- Brown Bunz Mobile Airbrush Tanning – 3150 18th Street | Mobile airbrush tanning is the perfect solution for the homebody tanner. Avoid the hassle and anxiety of getting directions to a salon, finding parking, and undressing in a cold room. For $80, a tanning technician will bring an organic, vegan, and all natural sunless tan to you. Schedule a tanning party and B.B. lowers the price and provides the champagne! Salon appointments available as well.
- Skin City – 323 Divisadero Street | Ever worry that your airbrush tan will have you looking more Snookie-esque than sun-kissed? Have no fear. Skin City allows you to customize your shade from their lightest “Winter Glow” to their darkest “Gimme Brown.” Get only your face bronzed for $15 or go for the full body for only $30 more.
- Organic Shimmer Tanning Therapy – 1804 Union Street | We admire the low price of $35 dollars as much as the next avid spray tanner, but it’s the $10 touch up that entices us even more. It can be heartbreaking to see your bottled tan smudge or smear before you even get to show it off, but Organic Shimmer alleviates that stress with their handy-dandy touch up option within the first 48 hours. Phew!
- Couture Glow – 2303 Greenwich Street | Founder of San Francisco’s Couture Glow, Sinead Norenius, has sprayed celebrities like Bethany Frankel and Natasha Bedingfield. Get red carpet ready with a master spray tan artist for $95 or with a junior spray tan artist for $50 and walk out with “the best and most natural looking tan. Period."
- Radical Tan Salon– 255 King Street, Suite C | Yelp reviewers rave about this spray tan. Forty-nine bucks gets you a custom spray tan in a clean, friendly environment. For those who haven't been by lately, Radical Tan recently upgraded from machine airbrushing to custom technician spraying.This help to avoid spray tans-gone-wrong like Ross.
- Sprayed Beauty - mobile | Enjoy a girls night in rather than a girls night out for once and host a tanning party. Sprayed Beauty travels to you with a free airbrush tan for the party’s host and discounts for all bronzing guests. Just you and a friend? Score discounted tanning for both of you! Tans start at $45.
Brown Bunz Mobile Airbrush Tanning
Airbrush tans have been said to make people look instantly slimmer. All the more reason to get glowing and still enjoy every bite of that delicious holiday food you’ve anticipated since bikini season started.