Jennifer Siebel Newsom, Actress, Director, Former First Lady of SF
Shot on location in Newsom’s garden in Ross / Photography by Tyler Gourley
Picture this: first lady of San Francisco, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, being chased by a crocodile. That was in Botswana. Here in San Francisco, Newsom has no fear making her voice heard as a filmmaker, activist, and mother. A starter on the Junior National Soccer Team in high school and a successful actress in LA, the sporty stunner has reached fruition with Miss Representation. Written, directed, and produced by Newsom, the documentary explores how mainstream media directly contributes to the under-representation of women in positions of power and will air on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) in October. With the launch of the social action arm (missrepresentation.org), a new addition to her growing family (Hunter, pictured above at 13 days old), and the ability to always look impeccable, Newsom’s real-life role is undoubtedly that of Super Woman.
- Cop.Copine Brings French Flair to Union Square
- Behnaz Sarafpour + Jennifer Siebel Newsom Team Up for Friday Fashion Benefit
- La Boutique Brings Together Jennifer Siebel Newsom and Margaret Cho For a Good Cause
- Meet the "First" Baby: Montana Tessa Siebel Newsom
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom Confronts Sexist Stereotypes with 'Miss Representation'