Photos: A Look at This Year's Academy of Art Fashion Show
The Academy of Art annual fashion show and events always promise a stellar lineup, and this year was no exception. Guests of honor included Alexandar McQueen creative director Sarah Burton and haute couture milliner Philip Treacy.
AAU always hosts a series of events leading up to the big graduate fashion show, which this year included a conversation with renowned fashion journalists Suzy Menkes and Cathy Horyn for the university's fashion journalism students, a symposium and luncheon with Burton and Treacy, a review session for AAU's editorial styling students, and a hatmaking demo with Treacy himself.
The annual runway show culminated in the announcement of two internships with Ms. Burton in London at the famous design house—the choice was no doubt a tough one, but the big winners were Zhangchi Wang and Maria Romero.
- Neiman Previews Spring Trunk Shows for YSL, Gucci and Oscar
- Academy of Art Fall 2012 Graduate Runway Show at New York Fashion Week This Friday
- Get a Front Row Seat at the Academy's NYFW Show
- First Look: 2013 Academy of Art Graduation Fashion Show
- Emerging Talent: Stand Outs from the Academy of Art University's Spring 2011 Fashion Show