Seven Favorite Things: Sustainable Luxury Pieces from SF Designers Mina + Olya
Best friend designer duo Mina + Olya is a relatively new creative force that's poised to take the city by storm. Founded in 2011 by Olga Dzilikhova and Mina Yazdi, the sophisticated line offers sustainable, organic high-end garments for style-savvy, urban women. Produced entirely in California, each piece is hand finished, meaning every garment can stand the test of time. Looking to their moms' closets for inspiration, the brand's aesthetic is timeless and classy–mixed with modern edge. Owner and co-founder Olga Dzilikhova explained, "We believe our unique apparel will be enjoyed for years, rather than seasons."
Check out our favorite picks from their Spring 2013 below, and be sure to visit their website for more info or to place an order.
1. Jacquelyn Blouse: Long sleeve charcoal blouse with a square neckline, nude mesh inserts, and exposed zipper on back. Sustainable Waffle Silk Georgette, $525.
2. Bianca Pant: High-waisted, wide-leg trousers (shown in purple). Sustainable Wool, $575.
3. Kate Trench Coat: Classic double breasted long trench. Organic Twill, $1,095.
4. Margo Dress: One sleeve navy dress with scalloped pleating on the hip and hidden pockets. Organic Denim, $750.
5. Victoria Blazer: Classic black tuxedo blazer with snap front closure. Hemp & Silk Charmeuse Blend, $725.
6. Audrey Pants: Ankle-length straight leg pant. Hemp & Silk Charmeuse, $495.
7. Kimmy Dress: Plum dress with a square neck and hip-inverted pleats. Hemp & Lyocel Blend, $750.