Street Style Report: The Bagpiper in Union Square
If you've been holiday shopping near Union Square these past few weekends, you may have seen bagpiper Jim McElroy playing a mix of holiday carols and traditional Scottish music. He draws crowds with both his music and his presence -- his head-to-toe Scottish look is a sight to see, with every button and fold in perfect place.
Born in Northern Ireland, Jim learned to play the bagpipes there when he was 12 years-old. His wife and bagpipe are his true loves, but he appreciates great style, too, and even used to work for Bally of Switzerland.
What he wore: Custom made kilt and tie in Black Stewart plaid by Geoffrey from Tailor Royal Mile in Edinburgh, Scottland; Prince Charles style Jacket, fur spurran (purse), and leather gillie tie shoes, all purchased in Scotland.
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Street Style Report: A Modern Japanese Skater, in Union Square
- Street Style Report: A Local Stylist Wears Alexander Wang in Union Square
- Street Style Report: A Metier Shop Girl in Union Square
- Street Style Report: A German Tourist in Union Square
- Street Style Report: Thrift Shop Treasures in Union Square