This Week in Fashion: Gallery of Jewels Opens in Union Square and More
1. Beats for Boobs at The Mezzanine (444 Jessie St.), Friday October 14, 6pm-2am, $35-$75.
In their 8th year of fundraising for breast cancer awareness, Beats for Boobs returns to SF for an evening full of fashion, DJs, culinary delights and live art. The tres sexy, indie fashion show will feature 12 emerging designers, including: Melissa R. Chacon, InLush Wearable Art, Danielle the Dressmaker and more. Don't miss this opportunity to donate, dance, and get your pink on (not required).
2. Union Square Store Opening Party at Gallery of Jewels (427 Post St.), Saturday October 15, 6pm-9pm, Free.
The Gallery of Jewels is celebrating their new Union Square location with a grand opening soiree. Enjoy free drinks, bites, live music, a $500 gift certificate raffle prize, and a private tour of the new digs. The collection is impressive, with beautiful settings and, of course, jewels, so don't be surprised if you walk out with a new little something dangling from your ears, wrist or neck. To arrange a personal tour during the event, call the jewelry experts at 415.617.0007.
3. Runway to Happiness at the War Memorial Building (401 Van Ness Ave.), Saturday October 15, 7pm-11pm, $75.
High fashion lends a helping hand to Project Happiness -- 100% of ticket proceeds will benefit the chairty. On the runway, you'll see the coveted collections of Dries Van Noten, Maison Martin Margiela, Yoshi Kondo, Comme des Garcons, Jil Sander, J.W. Brine, Miller Et Bertaux, Tsumori Chisato and many others, all courtesy of local boutique, Modern Appealing Clothing. Complimentary hors d'ouevres and two drinks are included in the ticket price.
- Link Love: Levi’s + Opening Ceremony Collaborate, Locals on Project Runway and more…
- This Week in Fashion: The Tropics Grand Opening, Indie Mart Returns, Jonathan Rising Collection Preview, 'What I Wore' Book Debut + More
- This Week in Fashion: Bikes & Beats Present Bike Fashion, Rose & Champagne Facials for Mother's Day, Swap for Good at BellaPelle and More
- This Week in Fashion: Chaiken and Capone, Charlotte Ronson + More
- Michael Kors Talks Project Runway, Fall Fashion + San Francisco Style