This Week in Fashion: Meet Betsey Johnson, The Bold Italic Pop-Up, Cuts for the Cure + More
1. The Bold Italic Print Launch Party + Pop-up Shop at Gershoni Creative (785 Market St.), Friday September 15, 8pm, $20
Tonight, our friends at The Bold Italic are celebrating the launch of their quarterly magazine with an epic penthouse affair. The festivities will include a performance by Gregangelo's Velocity Circus, a plethora of juicy libations, yummy eats and so much more. At the center of it all, a pop-up shop will showcase 10 designers including: Anfzer Farms, Cary LaScala, Yellow Owl Workshop, In Haus Press and Kyler Designs.
2. Betsey Johnson Live at Her New Boutique Launch Party (33 Grant Ave.), Saturday September 17, 4pm-6pm, Free
Betsey Johnson. Live. Glitter mural. Oh, hells yes. That's right, folks -- the spunky little rock-star designer will be in the flesh, celebrating the launch of her new, multi-level SF boutique. Word has it, Betsey will be performing a live mural painting with glitter cans galore! This is one neon-meets-leopard-print-sparkle fest you don't want to miss.
3. Cuts + Colors For a Cause at Elevation Salon (451 Bush St.), Sunday September 18, 11am-4pm, $50-$225, appointments recommended (415.392.2969)
This Sunday, LA-based celeb stylist, John Francis (who's clients include Jennifer Anniston and Sting) is flying up for the special cut-a-thon for the Cure. 100% of all cut and color proceeds will go to the SF Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, which means, no more waiting -- now's the time to get that new fall look! Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are recommended. Cuts range from $50-$225 and color ranges from $80-$210.
4. Fall Trunk Show at 440 Brannan (440 Brannan St.), Thursday September 22, 6pm-10pm, Free
Rendezvous with the craftmasters at 440 Brannan, enjoy an open bar, and update your fall wardrobe with the latest, all-local duds from these fine artisans: Booty Boutique, Chula Art, Romey Designs, Skin on Skins, and The Heated. Tip: the designers are all super cool and no one knows their pieces better then they do -- don't be afraid to ask them questions or get advice on what would work best for your body.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- SF Street Style: Pregnant and Stunning in Betsey Johnson, in Berkeley
- This Week in Fashion: The Tropics Grand Opening, Indie Mart Returns, Jonathan Rising Collection Preview, 'What I Wore' Book Debut + More
- This Week in Fashion: Local Designer Camelia Skikos Fall/Winter 2011 Collection + Sunday Fashion Show
- SF Street Style: A Fashion Shoot at Crissy Field
- In Le Club: Gin And Cherry Juice At The Bold Italic Soiree