This Week in Fashion: Shotwell's 80% Off Moving Sale, Black V 2.0, Personal Hair How-To's + Martha Davis Shoe Party
1. Spring Sale at Metier (355 Sutter St.), Now, during store hours.
The Spring Sale at Metier kicked off this week with 20% off select items. I've had my eye on their Isabel Marant Jordan Jacket -- here's to crossing fingers and hoping it's on sale! P.S. Be sure to keep an eye on Metier's blog for additional markdowns.
2. 80% Off Moving & Housewares Sale at Shotwell (320 Grant Ave.), Now - Monday May 23, during store hours.
Shotwell is packing up their Union Square shop and bringing it on home to the Mission. I'm excited to scope out their new digs, but even more excited for their ginormous Moving Sale. Get up to 80% off their amazing apparel selection, and 50% off all furniture and plants.
3. Find Your Perfect Fit at Lucky (845 Market St.), Friday May 20 - Sunday May 22, during store hours.
This weekend, Lucky denim specialists will be on site in 20 Lucky Brand stores across the country, including San Francisco Centre (Westfield Shopping Center). The specialists will help you select the perfect jeans and then fit you for complimentary alterations. Lucky you.
4. Black V 2.0 Fashion Show at Madrone Studios (1417 15th St.), 7pm, $30.
This year, the Black V fashion show + masquerade will benefit the Fashion Department at City College of San Francisco. Through masked eyes, the guests will view dark runway designs by Phuong My, Jay Nicolas Sario, Dahae Kim, MENK, GB Shrive, Cari Borja, LHC Couture, and Ken Chan. I suggest sporting a devious mask and your best black.
5. Walksoftz's It's All About the Shoes at Jones (620 Jones St.), Saturday May 21, 9p - 2am, Free.
Walksoftz, a new, local footwear company, is celebrating their launch with a rooftop blow-out at Jones. The fifty ladies wearing the "fiercest heels" will win the ultimate post-traumatic danced-in-heels-too-long cure, a pair of Walksoftz ballet flats. The party is free, but RSVPs are required.
6. How-To with Hot Tools at Beauty Company (2325 Polk St), Tuesday May 24, 5pm - 8pm.
Let's be real -- hearing a few tips from your stylist after a haircut and watching YouTube how-to videos just isn't cutting it. Reserve a spot with one of five Beauty Company stylists, bring in your personal hair tools, and have the pros teach you how to properly use them. For a neat trick, ask how to curl your hair with your flat iron!
7. Martha Davis His & Hers Evening at Conifer (2848 Webster St.), Thursday May 26, 5pm - 8pm.
Bubbly and shoes -- what could be better on a Thursday night? And Martha Davis shoes, to be exact. The bubbles will flow in celebration of Davis' new loafers, available in leather and suede, for both men and women. Big bonus: get 10% Martha Davis spring styles during the event.
- If you call Bettina boutique (415.563.8002) and let them know you missed their Groupon, they will give you $50.00 for $100.00! Deal ends tomorrow at 2:00pm.
- Unscripted Clothing online sale now through Saturday May 22. Get 40% off when you put in promo code "summerishere".
- Get 20% off all American Apparel swimwear, with an online order, now through Wednesday June 1.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.