New de Young Museum App Gives a Virtual Tour Through the Eyes of the Artists
Anyone who's ventured through Golden Gate Park and into the gorgeous de Young knows it sports world-class art, artifacts and exhibits of the mind-blowing caliber. The savvy museum has revealed a glittering new app for iPhones and iPads that takes viewers through the museum using world-renowned artists as guides to the collections, the museum's history and even the building itself.
Developed by media artist and filmmaker-in-residence Lise Swenson and the de Young's Cultural Encounters Initiative, the app features artists like Andy Goldsworthy talking about their own installations.
They recommend viewing it on the iPad so the building's expanse and the pieces of art can be shown in their full glory. Give it a test drive here for $2.99.
- City Hopes Graffiti Will Go Virtual Via GraffCity App
- Duck Duck Moose Creates Educational Apps for Young Children
- Say "I Do" to Anti- Bride's Handy New iPhone App
- With, A New Twitter-Based App That Tells People Who You're With
- Penguins Anyone? Check Out the Academy of Sciences' New Penguin Cam Phone App