Parking Quiz Answer: Who Gets The Most Parking Tickets in San Francisco Per Year?
A few hours ago, parking guy (and rabid Giants fan) David La Bua, author of Finding the Sweet Spot, concocted a parking quiz to cheer you up on this gloomy Friday-- asking who gets the most parking tickets in the city per year. Think you have a lot of tickets to pay? The answer will make you feel a lot better about yourself!
Who receives the most parking tickets per year in San Francisco?
B) People with a Dodgers sticker on their bumper
E) Fed Ex
The Answer is C) UPS
Who are the Biggest Parking Violators?
The top five are:
5) Comcast 1067 Tickets - $51,230 in fines
4) McMillan Electric 1497 Tickets - $74,375 in fines
3) Airborne Express 2581 Tickets - $140,845 in fines
2) Fed Ex 7711 Tickets - $434,046 in fines
1) UPS 11,788 Tickets - $673,334 in fines
UPS receives an average of one ticket every 15 minutes during business hours throughout the year, mostly for meter violations and double parking, giving the company the unenviable distinction of being the city's No. 1 parking violator. Yikes! Eighteen companies have bulk corporate accounts with the city to pay parking tickets.
They receive a special rate, but for that rate, they cannot contest the tickets, and must pay their bill monthly. If that sounds like a good deal and has you thinking about applying for the program, in order to qualify you have to have 20 vehicles on the SF streets, and have a serious history of citations with the City.
To see a running total of San Francisco parking citation revenue, click here.
- Parking Quiz: Who Gets the Most Parking Tickets Per Year in SF?
- Parking Quiz Answer: Which Violation Makes SF the Most Money Each Year?
- Parking Quiz Answer: What Does It Cost Giants Fans to Park During Game Day?
- Parking Quiz Answer! Which SF Parking Citation Is the Most Expensive?
- Parking Quiz Answer: DPT Officers Per Square Mile