Schuyler Bailey is hungry. Here are her cravings this month.
1. Salsa Verde Tortilla Chips from Food Network chef Marcela Valladolid
2. Shaved Brussels Sprouts from Hapa Ramen
Flecked with bright pomegranate seeds, smoked enoki mushrooms, with a tangy egg yolk and sherry vinaigrette, I could eat the shaved Brussels sprouts at Hapa Ramen every day. (Mission)
3. HRD Coffee Shop's Spicy Pork Kimchi
I finally see what all the fuss is about. HRD Coffee Shop’s spicy pork kimchi burrito (spicy rice, kiwi, daikon, sprouts, cucumbers, sour cream) might sound like an abomination, but it’s an oddity I’ll gladly revisit. (SoMa)
4. La Boulange's Soft Caramel Jam
Whether drizzled on ice cream or straight out of the jar, La Boulange’s soft caramel hits the sweet spot. (Multiple locations)
5. Pascal Redon Brut Tradition Premier Cru champange
After nine months of semi-strict teetotaling, I’m hitting the bottle this month, starting with a glass of dry yet fruity Pascal Redon Brut Tradition Premier Cru. (FatCork.com)
This article was published in 7x7's February 2015 issue. Click here to subscribe.