Once again, BART is taking pity on everyone who flocks into the city on New Years Eve, by extending service until 3am on January 1st.
But in case you think that means you'll just be able to hop on a train at Embarcadero right after the firework show, pay special attention to the follwing announcement: "To further ease platform crowding at our busiest stations, Embarcadero, Montgomery, and West Oakland, beginning at 8pm, BART will utilize a 'skip-stop' train pattern into and out of San Francisco."
- The Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines will not stop at the Embarcadero Station. The Montgomery Street station will be the stop nearest to the fireworks show.
- The Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont lines will stop at Embarcadero Station but not at Montgomery Street.
- The Millbrae and Daly City lines will make all stops in San Francisco.
- Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont trains will not stop at West Oakland and will make their first East Bay stop at Lake Merritt.
- Daly City and Millbrae passengers should use Montgomery Street Station, which will be less crowded.