Here's the rundown on the SF Symphony's Black and White Ball: Paul Simon. Cyndi Lauper. SF Symphony. June 2nd. Civic Center. All. For. A. Great. Cause.
With its unique indoor/outdoor block party approach and killer pop/rock lineup, this is one fundraiser that pushes the society event boundaries. That said, why not push back a little with an edgier take on black tie attire?
Start with a great black or white suit or tux, then add some flair with Paul Smith arm candy (#6), tie it all together with a badass McQueen bow-tie (#4), and lock it down with a pair of edgy Boss kicks (#5). Black and white never looked so baller.
1. Trafalger Formal Diagonal II Suspenders, $85
2. The Tie Bar Matte Black Tie Bar, $15
3. Horiyoshi the Third for Mr. Porter Limited Edition Pocket Square, $100
4. Alexander McQueen Skull-Embroidered Silk Bow Tie, $170
5. Boss Orange Dilanos Oxford, $275
6. Paul Smith French Bulldog Cufflink, $125
7. PS by Paul Smith French Trilbi Hat, $185
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.