Menswear has officially hit Look of the Week, and it's about time. Oh, boys, boys, boys -- we've been neglecting, but never hating. While great menswear (not the t-shirt and jeans get-up) seems like a thorny little task, it's actually easy when you rock the classics.
We have nine timeless essentials every guy needs to look great this spring: Wayfarers, a spring sweater, a check shirt, crisp spring whites, boat shoes, rolled-cuff pants, flat front shorts, and a great carry-all. This clever, flexible mix of modernized basics work for everyone from manly to metro, yuppie to hipster, and every wardrobe in between. The key is to layer these picks with trendier pieces that reflect your personal style.
If that sounds daunting, fear not -- we've made this collection foolproof for you fellas who want to look good, but really can't be bothered. These nine pieces mix and match flawlessly and will carry you well into the fall. Whether it's 9+3+8 or a little 7+6+4, it's all aces. Throw in a little 1+2+5, and you're good to go, yo.
1. Rayban Original Wayfarer in Tortoise, $139
2. Casio Classic Watch in Gray, $35.86
3. Polo Ralph Lauren Classic Fit Chinos in Navy, $140.25
4. Base London Regatta Nubuck Boat Shoes, $116.55
5. Topman Black Horoccan Holdall Bag, $120
6. Topman Tailored Shorts in Apple Red, $70
7. Topman Self Deep V-neck in Green, $150
8. TOMS Grisby Perforated Leather Shoe, $120
9. Topman Dobby Gingham Shirt in Navy, $52
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.