Super Bowl Sunday is just around the corner—are you prepared? Up your dip game with this artichoke masterpiece from Capo's. Featuring whole artichokes and a baguette-lined bowl, presentation is key here, while the sour cream, mayo, and three types of cheese make this decadent dip doubly delicious.
Capo's Artichoke Dip
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. cream cheese
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup shredded provolone
1/2 cup cooked spinach
2 artichokes, cooked and trimmed
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
Crushed chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice baguette diagonally into 1/4-inch slices. You should have 10 to 15 slices.
- Place slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake toasts for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and browned. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese and garlic in a saucepan and heat until just warmed.
- Mix in provolone and spinach, and return to stove to warm up dip.
- To serve, put heated dip in a serving dish and place artichoke hearts in the middle of the dish. Top with a squeeze of lemon, Pecorino Romano and a sprinkle of chili flakes. Place toasted baguette slices around the perimeter of the dish.
Omar Mamoon is the founder of Dough & Co.