What wildflowers are to spring, fall colors are to autumn.
As these vibrant shades begin to emerge, do yourself a favor and get out to see some of the most iconic destinations for spotting fall colors.
Enchantment Lakes Trail, Washington.(Jesse Hazleton)
Whether you're a weekend warrior, a microadventurer, or a true-blue outdoor enthusiast, autumn is an amazing time to get out and get moving.
Here's where to see some of the best fall foliage arouond the West Coast.
- Weber Canyon Scenic Drive, Central Wasatch Mountains, Utah
- June Lake Loop, Eastern Sierra, California
- Scenic Highway 190 to Guardsman's Pass, Central Wasatch Mountains, Utah
- Highway 82: Sawatch Road Trip, Colorado
- The Ultimate Fall Road Trip: Pacific Northwest to Yellowstone
- Mirror Lake Scenic Highway, Uinta Mountains, Utah
- Hot Springing Across Nevada
Hikes by Region
- 21 Fall Hikes in Oregon
- 20 Hikes for Fall Colors in Washington
- 30 Spectacular Fall Colorado Adventures
- The West's Best Hikes for Fall Colors
- 15 Stunning Photos to Inspire a Fall Trip to New England
- Epic Fall Hikes Through the Rockies