Alanis Morissette, Jay Leno to Perform at The Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
Admit it, you've pumped up the volume and belted out Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" behind rolled-up car windows at least once. On September 1st, you can see the seven-time Grammy Award winner live at Davies Hall — for a good cause. She'll join Jay Leno on stage to raise funds for a new home for UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, one of the nation's best children's medical facilities. When it's completed in 2014, the new 183-bed medical complex will set a new world-class standard for patient and family centered health care, safety, sustainability and translational medicine.
The benefit is underwritten by the Salesforce.com Foundation, and will kick off with a cocktail reception at 6:30 pm, followed by remarks from UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital at 7:45. At 8 pm, the Leno and Morsette show gets started, followed by a desert reception. DJ will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas will be revving things up on the turntables at the after party (location to be announced at the concert), with special guest MC Hammer.
Tickets are $250 for balcony seats, $500 for balcony seating and $1,000 for main floor seating, and all proceeds go towards the new medical facility.
Get tickets here and support to support key advances in medicine in San Francisco.
- Photos: The Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital 2011
- Photos: Cirque du Soiree Event with UCSF Partners in Care
- Photos: Alanis Morissette, Gavin DeGraw, and More Rock Live In The Vineyard
- Late Night with Conan: A Three-Hour Long Drinking Session with the Comedic Star
- San Francisco Docfest in Review: 'American: The Bill Hicks Story'