Big Art Sale at Braunstein/Quay Gallery!
The bad news? After 50 years in business, Braunstein/Quay Gallery in SoMa will be closing its doors as Ruth Braunstein retires.
The good news? Massively discounted art. Over the years, Braunstein/Quay has shown an impressive roster of artists, so this is your chance to score great work for can't-beat-it prices. The exhibition will be hung salon-style, and new work will be added as works are sold straight from the gallery's walls.
And if you've been a longtime fan of Braunstein/Quay, take the time to pen a "reflection" in the form of picture, poem, story, etc. Then, bring or mail your look back anytime during the Farewell Group Show. Once the gallery has officially closed its doors, these "reflections" will be housed in the Archives of American Art at the Smithsonian along with the archives from the gallery. And you'll be a part of recent art history.
Farewell Group Show, Thurs. 7/14 – Sat. 8/27; Open House, Sat. 7/16, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Final Solo Exhibition—Robilee Frederick, "Falling/Rising," Tues. 9/6 – Sat. 10/15
Braunstein/Quay Gallery, 430 Clementina St., 415-278-9850
- Deep Discounts at Braunstein/Quay Gallery's Closing Sale!
- The Week’s Hottest Events: MGMT, Summer & The Symphony Finale with Chris Noth (aka Mr. Big) and the Miniature Tigers
- Interview with an Opera Diva and Teatro Zinzanni’s Final Show at Pier 39
- Oakland's Big Pagoda Close-Out Sale
- Compound Gallery's Holidayland Art & Gift Sale Going On Now