In Photos: Life is a Wave Fundraising Event
Life Is A Wave, the annual fundraiser hosted by Save The Waves Coalition, once again washed through the halls of 111 Minna Gallery on Friday night, June 15th. The sixth annual bash raised $60,000 for Save The Waves and honored CA Academy of Sciences Research Associate Wallace J. Nichols with the 2012 Wave Saver Award. Supporters and revelers rocked out to Mars Today and Jake Nielsen’s Triple Threat, bid for the cause in a surf-inspired auction, and enjoyed a highly entertaining "Evolution of the Wetsuit Fashion Show” showing off suits from the 1950s to present.
- Life Is a Wave So Help Save Some Waves
- Photos: ArtPadSF 2012 VIP Preview Event
- Photos: Cirque du Soiree Event with UCSF Partners in Care
- Get Your Drink on at Exploratorium's Science of Cocktails Event
- This Week's Hottest Events: Tree of Life and Death, Sand Sculptures, and the Treasure Island Music Fest