This Thursday: The Bay Area Premiere of Brother/Sister Plays
This fall’s Bay Area–wide premiere of the Brother/Sister Plays by internationally acclaimed newcomer Tarell Alvin McCraney (above), collectively presented by three local companies, promises to be the most notable theater event of the season. Addressing head-on topics of urban grit and modern sexuality, the three plays are connected by theme rather than plot and thus can be seen in any order. Part 1, In the Red and Brown Water, will debut at the Marin Theatre Company Sept. 9–Oct. 3. Part 2, The Brothers Size, will be presented at the Magic Theatre Sept. 9–Oct. 17 and Part 3, Marcus; or The Secret of Sweet will run at A.C.T. Oct. 29–Nov. 21. Intrigued? Now add rave reviews from The New York Times and the Chicago Tribune, which hailed the trilogy as “the greatest piece of writing by an American playwright under 30 in a generation or more.” brothersisterplays.org
- SFMOMA's "Bay Area Ecstatic" Showcases Experimental Films of Mysticism This Thursday
- The Matches, Felice Brothers to Play SPIN's Outside Lands Afterparty
- Sisterly Comedy in Wendy Wasserstein's 'The Sisters Rosensweig'
- Two Sense: Is My Sister Really My Half-Sister?
- Paul Taylor Dance to Perform Three Bay Area Premieres at Yerba Buena