Where to Shop this Weekend: 440 Brannan, The Mission and Temple
As the balmy weather we’d just gotten used to makes a hasty retreat and subjects us to several consecutive days of (gasp!) sub-60-degree temperatures, it’s a prime time to take cover indoors. Luckily, that’s where the best sales and fashion events are this weekend.
Here what’s on our radar:
Start the weekend off right with a visit to 440 Brannan Studio for the SoMA indie fashion hub’s kill-two-birds-with-one-stone Inauguration – Valentine Party. Along with live music by David Ervin and themed drinks, the evening brings sweet deals on men’s and women’s apparel from local designers. During the event, Distilled clothing will be marked down 25 percent, while Gythan Mander and REVL pieces will go for 30 percent off. Apparel from gr.dano, OdileOdette and Üba will be discounted 50 percent.
- What: 440 Brannan Inauguration – Valentine Party
- Where: 440 Brannan St., 415-348-0000
- When: Friday, Feb. 6 from 5:30 to 11 p.m.
On Saturday, GetLocalSF’s Midwinter Mission District Stroll promises a bundle of fun at no fewer than 22 stores in the neighborhood and nearby. Darken the doors of such local merchants as The Curiosity Shoppe, Sunhee Moon, Five & Diamond, 826 Valencia, Dema and others to take part in personalized Valentine’s Day card-making sessions, afternoon-long parties, sales and other fun. For a complete list of the happenings at each participating store, visit the GetLocalSF events page.
- What: Midwinter Mission District Stroll
- Where: The Mission neighborhood
- When: Saturday, Feb. 7 starting at 12 p.m.
Bring the weekend to a close at Temple nightclub with a fashion-minded benefit for youth-run supper club Cora Jean’s Old Skool Cafe during Sunday’s Bread & Butter event. All proceeds from the all-ages happening will be donated in support of the organization’s programs training at-risk youth interns to work in the local restaurant and entertainment industries. Along with beats by DJ Supreme, the event features apparel, jewelry and accessories from 82nd & Zeal, Secession Art & Design Gallery, Esfac’e, Roco Accessories, Maducca and Funky & Fabulous, among others. Admission is $10 for adults, $11 for adult admission with 21+ drink wrist band and $7 for students.
- What: Bread & Butter
- Where: Temple, 540 Howard St.
- When: Sunday, Feb. 8 from 2 to 7 p.m.
- Where to Shop this Weekend: The Mission Statement, Elizabeth Charles & Trunk Shows
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics
- Where to Shop This Weekend: Goldenbleu Going Out of Business Sale, .meggie. and Lovesick
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Salvatore Ferragamo, Robindira Unsworth, Josephine & Debudda
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Martin + Osa, ShoeBiz and Noise Pop 'N Shop