Where to Shop this Weekend: Salvatore Ferragamo, Robindira Unsworth, Josephine & Debudda
Beware the Ides of March? Not a chance. With spring in full effect, there’s no other place we’d rather be than out and about this weekend. Here are three stops on our list:
Stop by Salvatore Ferragamo to view a mini-exhibition of the Italian fashion house’s Creations Collection of limited edition, iconic handbag and shoe designs from the company’s extensive archives. Many of the featured styles originated as one-off creations designed during the mid-20th century for such famous clients as Audrey Hepburn, Evita Peron and Carmen Miranda. Initially housed in the Florence flagship, the collection has never been shown in San Francisco before. In fact, its arrival this weekend marks the first time it has been show in any other U.S. city outside of New York.
- What: Creations Collection at Salvatore Ferragamo
- Where: 233 Geary St., 415-391-6565
- When: March 12-15
Hot on the heels of launching its latest collection – dubbed Words of Wisdom -- and appearing as one of model Bar Refaeli’s few adornments on the cover of the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, Petaluma-based jewelry company Robindira Unsworth comes to downtown San Francisco for an afternoon trunk show. The event will highlight new pieces from the summer collection.
- What: The Robindira Unsworth Collection at Bloomingdale’s
- Where: 845 Market St, 415-856-5300
- When: March 14 -, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
After three years of quietly charming local shoppers with its well-edited array of vintage baubles, home accessories, gifts and handbags, Mission boutique Josephine & Debudda is shuttering its doors at the end of the month, thanks to recession-era blues. Save up to 50 percent on the remaining merchandise as you say goodbye. Owner Jessica Goldberg tells us visitors will find such delights as travel totes, clutches, wallets and coin purses by Hayden Harnett alongside Gorjana gold and silver jewelry, Wooden Ship scarves, Polli cufflinks and accessories, Trifari vintage jewelry and vintage glassware.
- What: Josephine & Debudda Closing Sale
- Where: 3420 22nd St., 415-641-4300
- When: Through March 29. Store hours are Tuesday through Friday 1-7 p.m., Sat 12-6:30 p.m. and Sunday 12-5 p.m.
- Where to Shop This Weekend: Goldenbleu Going Out of Business Sale, .meggie. and Lovesick
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Sales at Barney's, Ambiance and Kweejibo
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Year-End Sales
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Martin + Osa, ShoeBiz and Noise Pop 'N Shop