Balboa Park's Playground Gets a Face Lift
This is our weekly guest-blog post from the moms behind Red Tricycle, a site that focuses on the "lighter side" of parenting. Every week, they'll be bringing us their picks of stuff to do around the Bay Area with kids.
Last year, Balboa Park was probably not on your radar for play dates with the kiddos. SF Gate reports that the park was run-down with old playground equipment, broken swing sets and even had a massive tree limb lying on the ground. Talk about danger! So if you witnessed it all in its dilapidated state and thought, this is not a great place for my kids, brace yourself for a new site for sore eyes! Thanks to public and private dollars, Balboa Park just debuted a newly redone park, complete with new playgrounds. With all of its new equipment and cleaned-up state, it's going to be your kiddos next favorite spot.
Click here to see all the major improvements Balboa Park recently made for the kiddies!
- Pacifica’s Sharp Park Golf Course Faces Possible Closure
- Scenes of the City: SF Gets Fit
- Before Justin Herman Plaza's Court, Where to Get Your Bocce Ball On in the City
- Scenes of the City: Rock Climbing and Bouldering At Ocean Beach, Glen Canyon Park and Corona Heights
- SELF Magazine Workout in the Park Comes to Marina Green