Fishing, Kayaking and Ocean Fun for Kids
This is our weekly guest-blog post from the moms behind Red Tricycle, a site that focuses on the "lighter side" of parenting. Every week, they'll be bringing us their picks of stuff to do around the Bay Area with kids.
If your kids love watching Little Nemo, beg you to take them to the Monterey Bay Aquarium or can’t resist splashing around at the beach, they’re ready to get their feet wet in more ways than one. Of course it’d be great to spend our days underwater like Jacques Cousteau but for kids’ sake, it’s not super convenient. That’s why these activities, while remaining low impact for your wallet, will give your little ones a different appreciation of the ocean – and maybe widen their food horizon.
Click here for tips on kayaking, fishing, crabbing and sea foraging with the kids!
- World Series Tickets? Upwards of $500. Kayaking in McCovey Cove? $100.
- On A Boat! Kayaking and Canoeing Options Within Driving Distance
- Scenes of the City: Rock Climbing and Bouldering At Ocean Beach, Glen Canyon Park and Corona Heights
- Scenes of the City: SF Free Fishing Day
- Ocean Beach to Host Pro Surfing Competition in November