Frank Sinatra to Be Celebrated at Special SF Giants Tribute
Maybe you knew it already, but Frank Sinatra was a diehard baseball fan and a personal friend of Willie Mays. So naturally, Sinatra was a frequent guest of the San Francisco Giants at Candlestick Park.
On Monday, August 13, the Giants will pay a tribute to “Ol’ Blue Eyes” when they face the Washington Nationals at 7:15 p.m.
Members of the Sinatra family will participate in a special pre-game homeplate presentation on this special evening celebrating one of the world's most beloved entertainers.
All fans attending the game will be treated to pre-game entertainment, along with in-game activities themed around Sinatra and his legendary music. A special interactive social media campaign will allow fans to vote for their favorite Sinatra songs. These songs will be incorporated into the evening’s festivities.
The first 30,000 fans at the gate will receive a commemorative Frank Sinatra/Giants-themed poster, depicting a well-known scene with an added Giants feel. Additionally, fans who purchase a special Frank Sinatra Tribute Night ticket will receive a seat in the Frank Sinatra designated section at AT&T Park as well as a limited edition Frank Sinatra bobblehead (special ticket required).
- Trainer Frank Matrisciano Draws the NBA's Rising Stars to San Francisco
- Tonight! Bands and Beer Specials to Support Better Biking
- Dapper and Debonaire: Frank Sinatra and Elton John Photos Hit SF Art Exchange
- SF Street Style: European Family Style at Off The Grid
- John Turturro Reveals His 'Passione' for Naples at SF Film Society's New Theater