Enchanting Butterfly Gardens and Sanctuaries in the Bay Area
This is our weekly guest-blog post from the moms behind Red Tricycle, a site that focuses on the "lighter side" of parenting. Every week, they'll be bringing us their picks of stuff to do around the Bay Area with kids.
From tiny gardens to large sanctuaries, the potential for butterfly watching in the Bay is ample and varied! With paper-thin wings that display some of the most beautiful patterns in nature, it’s easy to see why these colorful creatures enchant kids of all ages. We are lucky to live among the highest density of endangered butterflies in the country – here’s where you’re sure to spot plenty of the many species that thrive in our area:
Click here to read about all the butterfly sanctuaries!
- UC Berkeley's Botanical Garden: The Bay Area’s Coolest Living Museum for Kids
- Get Outside! Three Garden Events in the Bay Area
- The Bay Area’s Best Drama Classes for Kids
- The Bay Area’s Ultimate Coastal Day Trip for Kids: Point Reyes
- The Northern California Pirate Festival and 7 Other Bay Area Summer Festivals for Kids