For most guys, spring wardrobe cleaning starts with a fresh pair of jeans.
We scoured local menswear boutiques and found seven essential styles, including locally-designed denim from Tellason (#2), Taylor Stitch (#3) and Welcome Stranger (#5).
1. G-Star 3301 Straight Jeans, $180
2. Tellason Ladbroke Grove 12.5 oz. Jeans, $220
3. Taylor Stitch Kurabo Copper 13.5 oz. Jeans, $128
4. Robert Geller Over-dyed Denim Cadet Pants, $150
5. Welcome Stranger 12 oz. Slim Straight Jeans, $174
6. Levi's Vintage 1947 501 Vanishing Point Jeans, $275
7. Nudie Jeans Grim Tim Dry Organic Jeans, $215
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.