Whip up a Batch of Beretta's Decadent Tiramisu at Home
After you've downed a few cocktails, shared some small plates, and crushed a few pizzas at Beretta, the only move left is to order up the delicious tiramisu. It's thick, creamy, sweet-but-not-too-sweet, and now you can make it at home.
(10 – 12 servings)
9 large egg yolks
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. rum
16 oz. mascarpone cheese
48 ea. lady fingers cookies
2 ½ -3 cups espresso coffee
3 tbsp. dark cacao powder
1. With an electric mixer, whip together egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and rum until soft peaks form.
2. Add mascarpone cheese and keep whipping until fluffy.
3. Make espresso and bring to room temperature (single serving of espresso ran three times consecutively, producing a less concentrated espresso).
4. One by one, soak the lady fingers in the espresso and immediately arrange in rows inside a 12 x 8 in. pan (3-4 in. deep).
5. After the bottom of the dish is covered with the soaked lady fingers, spread over half of the mascarpone mixture with a spatula.
6. Repeat with another layer of the espresso-soaked lady fingers and top with the remainder of the mascarpone mixture.
7. Let rest for at least 12 hours in refrigerator.
Before serving, sieve over a thin layer of cocoa powder. Dig in!