Don Your Feather Boas and Celebrate the Academy Awards with the Academy of Friends
Celebrate the glitz and glamour of Hollywood's favorite night–the Academy Awards–next Sunday, February 24 at the Academy of Friends' 33rd annual gala Boas, Bowties, and Bubbly fundraiser. The theme of the night is the Roaring 20s, so tip your hat to Hollywood's Golden Age by donning your favorite penguin suit, sequins, feathers and fringe so you can party like it's 1929.
Guests will enjoy a bounty of bites, free-flowing libations, and world class company in the name of raising money for noble Bay Area organizations like AIDS Legal Referral Panel, Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center, Larkin Street Youth Services, Maitri, Mission Neighborhood Health Center (Clinica Esperanza), and Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS). You may even get to nerd out on what Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence are wearing and throw down some quality celeb gossip while you're at it!
To get tickets to this awesome event at Terra Gallery, click here for more details. There's nothing better than partying, making new friends, and not watching the Oscars on your couch for a good cause!
More Music + Nightlife Postings
- Don't Miss the 2013 Nitey Awards at the Castro Theater
- Gentlemen Celebrated at Academy of Sciences Nightlife!
- Academy of Friend's Voyeur Gala Celebrates the Oscars, Benefits the Fight Against AIDS
- Your Friends and Neighbors
- Dress Like Your 'Hood: 7x7's Neighborhoods Issue Launch Party at Cal Academy