Herald Spring at Public Works' Bikes & Beats Party This Friday
We San Franciscans never need an excuse to proclaim our love for bicycles, but when one comes around we'll pounce on it, big time. To celebrate the glorious, sun-drenched arrival of Spring, the San Francisco Bike Party is having an early evening group ride this Friday, May 6 from Justin Herman Plaza through Fisherman's Wharf, the Marina, down to Fort Mason, the Palace of Fine Arts, and ending at the Civic Center quad. Get in the spirit by adorning your bike and body with flowers!
Then get ready for a nightcap at Public Works called Bikes and Beats that benefits both the Wigg Party and Sunday Streets, and combines bike enthusiasts with dancing fiends for an all-night fiesta. Before we even get into the DJs who will be bringing the boom, let's run down the list of cool activities on tap for the night: DIY bike crafts, live custom screen-printing, a bike art exhibition, bike fashion, street food vendors, live painting, and "jaw-dropping" raffle prizes.
Now, onto the musical offerings of the evening. It's DJs galore from all different persuasions, like the folks behind NON STOP BHANGRA, the sweet Motown sounds of M.O.M., funky Flashdance master DJ Deep, The Polish Ambassador, remixer extraordinaire Party Ben, and Nisus. When they said "bike party", they weren't kidding.
The SF Bike Party's evening ride begins at 7:30 pm at Justin Herman Plaza. The Bikes and Beats party aat Public Works (161 Eerie St.) begins at 10 pm.
- Electronica Beat: Public Works' Two-Year Anniversary, Real Time at 222 Hyde, and Motown on Mondays
- WIRE Features Fashion, Art & The Black Ryder at Public Works This Sunday
- Get Down at Hard French's Epic Los Homos Pride Party at Public Works This Sunday
- This Week in Fashion: Chanel Lovers at Simply Chic, Public Bikes' 1 Year Party, Banana Republic and Trina Turk Fashion Show, Styling the Modern Man + More
- DJs Take Over Public Works This Saturday Night