Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 9 Partial Lineup: Neko Case, Okkervil River, Dr. Dog...
It's that time of year when area festivals start popping up on the radar. And while we're uber excited about Outside Lands, the recently announced lineup for this year's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 9 (which goes down October 2-4) has us fiending for a little moonshine and backwoods juggin'. Featuring bluegrass plus Americana faves of past and present, the massive 3-day event is totally free. Yes, FREE. You can thank Daddy Warbucks, err, investment banker and diehard bluegrass fan Warren Hellman for that.
Here's the partial lineup:
Neko Case, Richie Havens, Allen Toussaint, Gillian Welch, Mavis Staples, Old Crow Medicine Show, The Chieftains, Steve Martin with the Steep Canyon Rangers, The Wronglers, Booker T. & the DBTs, Aimee Mann, Okkervil River, The Del McCoury Band, Dr. Dog, Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, Little Feat, World Party, Hazel Dickens, Marianne Faithfull, Lyle Lovett and His Large Band, Old 97's, John Prine, Billy Bragg
- Stern Grove's 2011 Lineup: Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Neko Case, The Dodos...
- Partial 2009 Outside Lands Lineup Announced
- Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Fest 2011...The Lineup Is Awesome
- This Week's Hottest Events: Neko Case, Grandmaster Flash, Billy Elliott
- This Week's Hottest Events: Neko Case, Marina Abramovic, and Valediction