Make WesBurger's Tex-Mex Queso Dip for Your Super Bowl Party
You already know Wes Rowe of Wesburger makes one of the best burgers in San Francisco. Rowe, who hails from Austin, is knownfor topping his burgers and tots with signature Tex-Mex queso dip.
Now you can make your own dip at home (just add chips!)
Wes's Tex-Mex Queso Dip
1lb white American cheese (You must source this from the deli counter, not the cheese aisle! Have them cut you a 1lb block and shred it at home.)
4 oz. asadero cheese shredded
1 jalapeno chopped
1 large ripe tomato
1/4 white onion chopped
1 small bunch cilantro roughly chopped
1 tsp cumin (toast cumin seeds and blend in a spice grinder for a fresher taste)
1/4 cup whole milk
1. Sautee onion and pepper in a sauce pan with a teaspoon of oil until soft.
2. Place sauce pan inside of larger sauce pan filled with water to create a double boiler. This is important to keep the cheese from burning.
3. Add shredded cheese, milk, tomato, cumin, and cilantro to double boiler with jalapeño and onions stirring frequently till cheese is completely melted and all ingredients are combined.
4. Serve in a warm bowl, or out of a crock pot set to low.
* Awesome additions include spicy ground beef, guacamole, crema Mexicana, or all three!