Bay Area Artist Turns Recycled Wine Corks Into Cool Doormats
There's nothing more whine-worthy than cleaning your abode. Well, put a cork in it: Bay Area-based recycle artist Sally Stokes has found the perfect pairing to ease our dirt trackin' woes. She's turned her full-bodied wine cork collection into stylish doormats.
Hand-made from 284 corks, these durable greeters are solidly laced together in a basket weave-style, allowing debris to easily fall between the holes. Admittedly obsessed with collecting corks everywhere she goes from restaurants to wine tasting sojourns to worldly travels, Stokes' crafts the doormats from her overflowing assemblage.
Click here to read and see more about these awesome doormats!
- Bay Area Designer Brian Singer Turns SF's Telephone Poles into Art for Target
- rePACK Kickstarter: Custom Bags Made From Recycled Car Upholstery
- SF-Based Artist Casey Gray Turns Stencils Into Pop Art at White Walls Gallery
- SF Agenda: Design and Arts Events in the Bay Area
- March's Design and Arts Events in the Bay Area