Design Crush: California-Shaped Coffee Tables by SF-Based J. Rusten Studio
We're big fans of local designs, but this series of tables takes the concept to a whole other level. Designed by San Francisco-based J. Rusten Studio in the Mission District, this series of Nakashima-influenced desks and tables has been shaped in the image of our favorite state.
The tables are constructed from Claro walnut wood, a rare lumber that according to the designer, is "reserved for instrument making, gunstocks, or veneer, but we think a showcase piece for your home is the most noble use." The limited edition pieces are set on a native oak base that's been stained with vinegar to develop a charcoal-colored patina. Read more. . . .
- Get Ready For Wireless Jam Sessions with Bluetooth Speakers from SF-Based Jawbone
- Meet Awesome SF-Based Textile Designer Blake Kahan, of Willow Ship
- SF-Based Artist Casey Gray Turns Stencils Into Pop Art at White Walls Gallery
- SF-Based StyleVISA Curates The World
- SF-Based DirtyBils Turns Metal Pipes Into Industrial Bookshelf Sconces