Open House Alert: Waking Up a Classic Kensington Mid-Century Modern
Originally published on CaliforniaHomeDesign.com
Where: 38 Arlington Avenue, Kensington
When: Sunday, June 23 from 2 to 4:30 pm
What: Built in 1953 for the same family that occupied it until a few months ago, this 4-bed, 3.5-bath house in the hills above the San Francisco Bay didn't just get "refreshed"– it got a complete overhaul by designer Sean Gaston and contractors Bee Renovated. On the market today, asking $1.198M.
Changes included the expected new systems, paint and windows, but probably the most important decision was to take down one wall of the narrow, original kitchen and opening it to the dining and living rooms. The living room's vintage stacked stone fireplace and mahogany walls have been buffed-up and preserved.
Click here to see more photos!
- Open House Alert: A Mid-Century Berkeley Classic with Killer Views
- Open House Alert! See a Mid-Century Gem by R. G. Watanabe This Sunday
- Open House Report! A Kensington Mid-Century Modern Gets a New Look
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Open House Alert: Eichler's See-Through Modernism in Marin County