Seven Favorite Things: California Crown
California Crown is not reinventing street wear. What they are doing is bringing a lot of honest California love to their badass local brand.
Jay Perlman and Misu Minhaz started the urban menswear line while they were undergrads at USC. Though they launched in LA, the concept and brand philosophy was always centered around San Francisco culture, history and art. And now, their home base is back in the Bay.
The new Fall 2013 collection is very small, but highly focused, well made, and surprisingly affordable. From brass emblem caps (#3) to asymmetrical prints (#2), we love the collection's clean aesthetic and in-your-face accents.
1. The Emblem Camo Crown, $25
2. Tahoe Sweatshirt, $50
3. CA Token Crown, $25
4. Gold Mine Hooded Sweatshirt, $55
5. Frost Crown, $15
6. Native Roots Hooded Sweatshirt, $55
7. CA Chief Crown, $25
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Seven Favorite Things: Sarah Seven Spring 2014 Bridal Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Women's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: D-Structure's New Online Shop + Two Must-Attend Events
- Seven Favorite Things: Gear from PUBLIC Bikes
- Seven Favorite Things: Badass Adventure Gear from Triple Aught Design