SF Street Style: High Contrast + Rocker Chic in Hayes Valley
I caught up with Nadiya Suwardi, an associate at Prada, while shopping in Hayes Valley. Nadiya exudes this very cool, rock 'n' roll confidence, but has a killer sweetheart smile to balance the toughness. The contrasts -- two-toned hair, delicate yet badass tattoos, the floral-on-leopard prints, and how the flirty hemline of her dress falls so nicely into a chunky heel -- are what make this look really great.
Beautiful skin. Awesome tattoo.
I love how the back of her dress matches the gate.
A great mix of modern jewelry.
You can see it better in the first photo, but the heel is partially covered with leather, giving this chunky pair some added flair.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- SF Street Style: Vintage Lace Dress + Gold Kate Spade Sandals in Hayes Valley
- SF Street Style: Sweet Summer Androgyny at CAPSULE, in Hayes Valley
- SF Street Style: Vintage Jeanne-Marc Reversible Top + Dries Van Noten Shoes at Ver Unica in Hayes Valley
- SF Street Style: Japanese School Prep Meets Vintage Cheer in Hayes Valley
- Street Style Report: A Local Promoter Shows Us Four Fall Looks, in Hayes Valley