SF Street Style: A Latvian Fashion Blogger at the de Young
Last weekend, we caught up with Atlanta-based Latvian fashion blogger, Karina De Jesus, while on a weekend trip in SF. Karina was taking in the stunning 360-degree view of SF at the de Young tower when we stopped her for a few photos and her take on San Francisco.
What she's wearing: BDG mustard knit cap from Urban Outfitters; Thrifted cream silk top; Gold choker from H&M; Thrifted faux-leather jacket self-made into vest; Primark leather jacket purchased in Ireland; DIY cut-off leggins; Stradivarius lace and faux leather, unlaced oxfords; BDG bag from Urban Outfitters; Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Violet Frenzy; Canon Rebel T3i camera purchased from AjRichies.
7 Style Questions for Karina:
1. Lipstick or chocolate?
Wow, this question is spot on about my two favorite things. Lipstick is absolutely essential for my outfits, but life without chocolate is impossible.
2. What's your take on SF fashion?
I feel like California fashion in general is different from everywhere else because it's so inspired by the beach culture and sunny weather.
3. How would you describe your personal style?
Since I got into fashion blogging, I've experimented with a lot of different styles because there are just so many different trends out there, and it's very easy to get influenced by those. I always try to analyze and not just blindly follow trends. I've come to the conclusion that a minimalist style with clean lines and cuts, a few statement accessories, and a bold lipstick works the best for me.
4. Who rocks the best threads?
Lykke Li, if I have to name one.
5. What's your most prized posession?
First thing that comes to mind is my Bible. That's the best success book ever written. Then it has to be either my Mac or my camera. Those are my babies.
6. What was the best part of your weekend in SF?
The Mission District was great. Unfortunately, I got to do very little shopping though.
7. What would you not be caught dead in?
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.
- SF Street Style: A Latvian Fashion Blogger at the de Young
- SF's Pretty Young Things: Meet 11 Fashion Forward Bloggers
- New Fashion Blogger Bible 'Style Yourself' Features Local Style Scribes
- SF Street Style: One Guy, Three Looks, Bernal Heights
- SF Street Style: Balenciaga, H&M and Custom Jewelry at Union Square