Street Style Report: Weekday Glam, at Threadflip
Last Thursday we met 24-year-old Threadflip community manager, Anika Namkung, at the company's re-launch party (celebrating their new space) in the Dogpatch.
Among a sea of fashion lovers and shopaholics, Anika's simple (yet striking) look really caught our eye.
What she wore: Zara tank; Saks Fifth Avenue pants, gold chain and leather tassel necklace, Pour la Victoire "Beyonce" black leather pumps, all purchased from Threadflip; Topaz and gold ring, gift from mother; Essie manicure in "Wicked," and OPI pedicure in "Malaga Wine," from KT Nails on Polk; Haircut from Jayne Matthews at Edo.
"My first ever trip to NYC is in September," said Anika. "I'm vsiting my BFF at Colombia and maybe sneaking into a Fashion Week party or two–I'm so excited."
Her must-haves: Burt's Bees lip balm, Stila liquid liner, Clarisonic and (local brand) Sequoia Beauty's face oil. Also, lots of veggies, tons of water and less gluten.
Seven Questions for Anika:
1. What seven words best describe your style?
Urban minimalist wannabe, grungy hip hopster actually.
2. What's one thing most people don't know about you?
I sang on a children's album when I was three. I wish I could hunt down a copy!
3. Chocolate or lipstick?
Chocolate every day. Lipstick on special occasions.
4. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
23, but I wear the same three pairs of black boots in a constant rotation.
5. What's your summer anthem?
PartyNextDoor "Over Here" featuring Drake.
6. What are your guilty pleasures?
Chocolate-covered gummy bears, Miley Cyrus and Scandal (ABC).
7. What's your SF Top 5?
-Threadflip's amazing team and incredible Editors' Picks inventory.
-The deYoung museum's special exhibits.
-Darwin Cafe's kale salad.
-Edinburgh Castle's 60s nights.
-Saigon Sandwich's tofu bahn mi.
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Weekday Glam, As Seen at Threadflip
- Street Style Report: Eclectic Prints and Chic Accessories in Pacific Heights
- Street Style Report: A Crossroads Trading Co. Manager Shows Us Four Fierce Looks
- Street Style Report: Brooklyn Circus Boys at The Fillmore Jazz Festival
- Street Style Report: One Nurse, Four Dope Summer Looks