This Week in Fashion: Free Balenciaga Party at the de Young, Five Big Sales + Bacca da Silva Speaks at Mash-up
1. Half-off Express Treatments at Atelier Emmanuel (166 Geary St. Suite 1606), Now - Wednesday June 15.
The top-rated Union Square salon is offering 50% off express hair treatments with stylist Paul. With the discount, the express services will be around $30, and will even include a complimentary blow-dry. AE specializes in artful cutting, with an emphasis on great grow-out and, if you want, very little need for product. To schedule an appointment, call 415.362.8063.
If you still haven't enjoyed Balenciaga and Spain, make it happen this Friday evening at The Bay Guardian's Beauty & the Beat. The evening celebrates the legendary Spanish designer, Cristobal Balenciaga, at the de Young's latest fashion exhibit. The festivities will include musicians, flamenco dance, and beauty makeovers from local studios. Best of all--it's free.
3. Bay to Breakers Sale at Maas & Stacks (2128 Market St.), Friday May 13 - Sunday May 15.
This weekend, celebrates the 100th Bay to Breakers with 10% off your entire purchase at Maas & Stacks. The recently launched Castro men's boutique stocks an impressive brand list, including such tempting names as: Band of Outsiders, Common Projects, Patrik Ervell, and Rachel Comey. It's a men's store, but don't limit yourself--most mens accessories are surprisingly androgynous (especially on sale!).
4. Alternative Apparel Sample Sale at Cary Lane (560 Laguna St.), Saturday May 14 - Sunday May 15.
Alternative Apparel, makes ultra-casual clothing you'll want to eat, sleep and live in. And in SF, you can do just that. Get these fabulous basics--prices slashed--this weekend at Cary Lane. We're talking $10 tees (originally $45), $20 hoodies (originally $60) and $25 (originally $85) pants. Word has it they just received a new shipment of discounted Miss Sixty, Ash and Tracy Reese shoes, too!
5. Verrieres & Sako Sample Sale at Wonderland SF (2929 24th St.), Sunday May 14, 11am - 6pm.
The Oakland-based duo, Verrieres & Sako, is throwing a huge sample sale this Sunday, at Wonderland. The line features sexy fits and nicely tailored looks at heavily discounted prices, this weekend only. Wonderland is packed with dozens of local designers, too, so be ready to stay and shop awhile.
6. Fluevog Day Sale at Dark Garden (321 Linden St. + online), Sunday May 15, all day.
This Sunday, in celebration of International Fluevog Day, receive 20% off stockings and select jewelry at Dark Garden. Dark Garden is known for their pristine corsetry, lusty lingerie, and their love of lace. We suggest going in to get the perfect fit, but if you're more inclined to browse online, you'll also receive 15% off web orders.
7. Fashion Mash-up: The Business of a Local Fashion Designer at Pigment Cosmetics (One Market St.), Thursday May 19, 6pm - 9pm, $5 - $10.
The latest SF Artists and Merchant Alliance Mash-up presents a biz dev workshop with industry pros. Four local design wonders will speak on growing a fashion business in SF, and the pros and cons of sourcing from abroad. Among the panel will be local designers Bacca da Silva and Julian Dash of the Factory Fellowship.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- This Week in Fashion: Eric Dane at Kiehl's Grand Opening, Heliotrope Celebrates 1 Year, Custom Suiting from PDX + Mad Summer Sales
- Favreau's 'Cowboys & Aliens' a Slight but Passably Diverting Genre Mash-Up
- This Week in Fashion: Weekend Sales at Cary.Lane and Jeremy's, The Collection + SF Fashion Awards Poolside Show
- This Week in Fashion: Chanel Lovers at Simply Chic, Public Bikes' 1 Year Party, Banana Republic and Trina Turk Fashion Show, Styling the Modern Man + More
- Seven Favorite Things: Maas & Stacks